Let’s learn how to use articles (a, an, the) before nouns.
- Watch the video about articles.
- Complete exercise 1.
- Complete exercise 2.
- Complete the text.
- Look at our examples.
You use a with singular countable nouns: a dog, a car, a woman
You use an with singular, countable nouns beginning with a,e,i,o,u: an apple, an elephant
- when you say who or what for the first time: I want a new dress.
- to talk about jobs: I’m a teacher.
You use the with singular and plural nouns when you know who or what:
- Your phone is in the bathroom.
- The students are in the classroom.