At the farm is practice for Pre Starters Speaking Test Part 1 and 2 of Cambridge Assessment English Pre A1 Starters (YLE) exam. You will hear the examiner asking you point at objects and put things on a picture of a farm.
Examiner: Hello. My name’s Miss White.
Examiner: Look at the picture. There are some animals. The man is carrying some carrots.
Examiner: Look at the man. Look at the hand pointing at the man.
Examiner: Where’s the sheep? Point the first hand at the sheep.
Examiner: Where are the ducks? Point the second hand at the ducks.
Examiner: Now look at the small pictures. Which one is the shell? Put the shell next to the dog.
Examiner: Which one is the skateboard? Put the skateboard next to the sheep.
Examiner: Which one is the bike? Put the bike behind the young boy.
That’s the end of this part. Now go to part two.
Examiner: Look at the bike. What colour is the bike?
Examiner: How many bikes are there?
Examiner: What’s the goat doing?
Examiner: Tell me about the dog.
Student: It’s sleeping.
- Listening Part 1
- Listening Part 2
- Listening Part 3
- Listening Part 4
- Speaking Videos
- Speaking Part 1 and Part 2
- Speaking Part 3
- Speaking Part 4
Here are video of the full test from Cambridge Assessment English.
You see a big picture and you point to things. Then you put three things on the picture and answer questions about it.
You will see three pictures and you will answer three questions about each picture.
You will answer three questions with a word or short phrase.
- Starters Part 1 Animals
- Starters Part 1 Clothes
- Starters Part 1 Fast Food
- Starters Part 1 Fruit
- Starters Part 1 School
- Starters Part 1 Test 1
- Starters Part 1 Test 2
- Starters Part 1 Test 3
- Starters Part 1 Test 4
- Animal Set 1 Match-Up
- Animal Set 2 Match-Up
- Animal Set 3 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 1 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 2 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 1 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 2 Match-Up
- Family Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 1 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 2 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 3 Match-Up
- Hobbies Match-Up
- Home Set 1 Match-Up
- Home Set 2 Match-Up
- Our World Match-Up
- People Match-Up
- Places Match-Up
- School Set 1 Match-Up
- School Set 2 Match-Up
- Sports Match-Up
- Toys Match-Up
- Transport Match-Up
- Body and Face Word Search
- Directions Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 1 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 2 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 3 Word Search
- Our World Word Search
- Places Word Search
- School Set 1 Word Search
- School Set 2 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 1 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 2 Word Search
- The Home Set 1 Word Search
- The Home Set 2 Word Search
- Time Word Search
- Toys Word Search
- Transport Word Search
At this beginner level, there are materials concerned with basic English vocabulary to provide confidence to speak at this basic level of English.
- Animals Activities and Exercises
- Clothes Activities and Exercises
- Colour Activities and Exercises
- Family and Friends Activities and Exercises
- Food and Drink Activities and Exercises
- Hobbies Activities and Exercises
- Names Activities and Exercises
- Numbers 1-20 Activities and Exercises
- Our World Activities and Exercises
- School Activities and Exercises
- Sports Activities and Exercises
- The Body And Face Extra Exercises
- The Home Activities and Exercises
- Transport and Places Activities and Exercises