Bedroom listening practice for the Cambridge Assessment English Pre A1 Starters (YLE) exam where you will hear two people talking about a bedroom picture. Put the colours in the right places on the picture.
Look at the picture. Listen and look. There is one example.
A: Can you see the bedroom? Would you like to colour the picture?
B: OK. I’d love to.
A: Can you see the boy on the floor?
B: Yes, I can.
A: There’s a shell behind him. Can you colour it blue?
B: Yeah, OK.
Can you see blue on the shell behind the boy? This is an example. Now you listen and put the colour on the shells
A: Okay. Can you see the shell under the bed?
B: Yeah, it’s next to some shoes.
A: That’s right. Can you put red on it?
B: OK, yeah. I’m putting red on it now.
A: Well done.
A: Now, there’s a shell between the robot and the boat. Can you see it?
B: No, where is it?
A: It’s on the floor between the robot and the boat.
B: Oh, yeah. There it is.
A: So, please put yellow on it.
B: So, what next?
A: So, can you see the toy box?
B: Yeah, there are a lot of toys in it. I like the alligator.
A: And there’s a shell. Can you see it?
B: Yes, I can.
A: Yes, OK. Put green on it then.
B: OK. I’m putting green on it now.
B: So, what next?
A: Right. Now find the shell on the bed. Can you see it?
B: The shell on the bed? Yeah, here it is.
A: That’s right. can you put brown on it, please?
B: Brown. OK. Here you go.
A: Nice, you’re doing really well.
A: Right, this is the last one. So, look at the bookcase. Can you see the girl?
B: Yes, and I can see the girl. She’s trying to get the train.
A: Yes, that’s right. Can you see the shell? It’s next to the tiger.
B: Oh yeah. There it is.
A: Good, now how about putting purple on it?
B: OK. I’m putting purple on it now.
A: Brilliant. You’ve done a great job, we’ve finished now.
Now listen to it again.
Here are words and phrases from this activity.
- get the train
- toy box
- under the bed
- Listening Part 1
- Listening Part 2
- Listening Part 3
- Listening Part 4
- Speaking Videos
- Speaking Part 1 and Part 2
- Speaking Part 3
- Speaking Part 4
Here are video of the full test from Cambridge Assessment English.
You see a big picture and you point to things. Then you put three things on the picture and answer questions about it.
You will see three pictures and you will answer three questions about each picture.
You will answer three questions with a word or short phrase.
- Starters Part 1 Animals
- Starters Part 1 Clothes
- Starters Part 1 Fast Food
- Starters Part 1 Fruit
- Starters Part 1 School
- Starters Part 1 Test 1
- Starters Part 1 Test 2
- Starters Part 1 Test 3
- Starters Part 1 Test 4
- Animal Set 1 Match-Up
- Animal Set 2 Match-Up
- Animal Set 3 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 1 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 2 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 1 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 2 Match-Up
- Family Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 1 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 2 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 3 Match-Up
- Hobbies Match-Up
- Home Set 1 Match-Up
- Home Set 2 Match-Up
- Our World Match-Up
- People Match-Up
- Places Match-Up
- School Set 1 Match-Up
- School Set 2 Match-Up
- Sports Match-Up
- Toys Match-Up
- Transport Match-Up
- Body and Face Word Search
- Directions Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 1 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 2 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 3 Word Search
- Our World Word Search
- Places Word Search
- School Set 1 Word Search
- School Set 2 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 1 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 2 Word Search
- The Home Set 1 Word Search
- The Home Set 2 Word Search
- Time Word Search
- Toys Word Search
- Transport Word Search
At this beginner level, there are materials concerned with basic English vocabulary to provide confidence to speak at this basic level of English.
- Animals Activities and Exercises
- Clothes Activities and Exercises
- Colour Activities and Exercises
- Family and Friends Activities and Exercises
- Food and Drink Activities and Exercises
- Hobbies Activities and Exercises
- Names Activities and Exercises
- Numbers 1-20 Activities and Exercises
- Our World Activities and Exercises
- School Activities and Exercises
- Sports Activities and Exercises
- The Body And Face Extra Exercises
- The Home Activities and Exercises
- Transport and Places Activities and Exercises