Let’s learn about how to use days of the week and months. You also learn to say and write dates.
My birthday is on the tenth of May.
- Complete the sentences in the flash cards.
- Complete the exercise.
- Complete text 1
- Complete text 2.
- Look at our examples.
A1 Days, dates and numbers
Days of the week
- you use on with days of the week: On Tuesday I play football. On Wednesday I go shopping.
- you use in with months: My birthday is in February. I go on holiday in June.
- you use in with years: I was born in 2002. I started school in 2005.
Parts of the day
- you use in with parts of the day: I like to go to the park in the evening.
Times of the day
- you use at with times of the day: I get up at 7 o’clock.
Last, this, next
- you use last for the past: Last year I went to Peru.
- you use this for now: This week I am sick.
- you use next for the future: Next month it’s my birthday.
Ordinal numbers and dates
- you use the with ordinal numbers: We live on the third floor. Monday is the first day of the week.
Saying the date
- you use the of with dates when you speak: My birthday is on the first of January.
Writing the date
- you can write the date in different ways: Thursday 20th March, Thursday, 20th March, 20th March