Here are free materials that are for students at an elementary level of English. This will probably be suitable for students in their first year of English studies. There are many exercises on grammar and vocabulary as well as whole text activities. We also provide test practice activity for student who are preparing for A1 Movers which is part of Cambridge Assessment English YL tests.
Elementary level activities available:
There are materials specifically concerned with a particular grammar structure at this elementary level of English. The main structures at this level are the Past Simple, Present Continuous and structures for future.
- A1 Movers | Classroom Actions Set 1
- Basic Prepositions of Place
- Indefinite article: ‘a’ and ‘an’
- Indefinite article: ‘a’ and ‘an’ | Grammar
- Prepositions of Place: in, at, on
- There and their
- Unit 1 | Greetings and Introductions
- Unit 2 | Talking about people, things and feelings
- Unit 3 | Using Pronouns for people and things
- Unit 4 | Saying what you can and can’t do
- Unit 5 | Articles before nouns
- Unit 6 | Using have with different meanings
At this elementary level, there are materials concerned with the body, animals and computers as well as a series of vocabulary sheets based around holidays throughout the year.
Here are resources at this elementary level that will give students practice in reading and writing. The reading materials are reading comprehensions, but can be easily adapted for other reading practice. At this low level, the writing materials are generally guided writings.
- Borrowing a tennis racket | Informal Email
- Invitation to a Barbecue | Informal Email
- Missing Bag | Informal Email
- Party Invitation | Informal Email
- School Holidays | Informal Email
- Subject Choices | Informal Email
- The day I won a competition | Short Story
- The Football Match | Informal Email
- Visiting a relative | Informal Email