Five conversations Test 2 practice for the Cambridge Assessment English Pre A1 Starters (YLE) exam. For each conversation, there is a question and three pictures. You need to listen carefully to each conversation and choose the right answer (A, B or C).
More exercises available:
Five Conversations Test 2
Look at the pictures. Now listen and look.
Question One – What’s Kim wearing?
A: Miss Green, do you like my new T-shirt?
B: Yes, it’s very nice.
A: Blue is my favourite colour.
B: Really, it’s mine too.
Question Two – Where’s Dad’s mobile phone?
A: Jill. I’ve looked everywhere, but I can’t find my phone.
B: I think, it’s on your desk?
A: No, I can’t see it. Is it in the kitchen?
B: No, it’s not there, Tony. Look, it’s under that chair.
Question Three – What does Tony want for dinner?
A: Tony, do you want a burger or some chicken for dinner?
B: Well, I’d love a burger, but I had that for lunch. Do you have any pizza?
A: Yeah, we have a few slices left.
B: Sounds good. I’ll have that then.
Question Four – What sport does Bill play at school?
A: Do you play hockey at school Bill?
B: No. I can’t play hockey.
A: What sports do you play then?
B: My friends play basketball, but my favourite sport is baseball. I play it a lot.
Question Five – Which is Sue’s bike?
A: Hi, Sue. Is that your bike?
B: The red bike with the basket in the front.
A: Yes, that’s right.
B: No, that’s Jill’s bike. My bike’s blue.
A: So, is it the big one with no basket?
B: Yeah, that’s my bike.
- Listening Part 1
- Listening Part 2
- Listening Part 3
- Listening Part 4
- Speaking Videos
- Speaking Part 1 and Part 2
- Speaking Part 3
- Speaking Part 4
Here are video of the full test from Cambridge Assessment English.
You see a big picture and you point to things. Then you put three things on the picture and answer questions about it.
You will see three pictures and you will answer three questions about each picture.
You will answer three questions with a word or short phrase.
- Starters Part 1 Animals
- Starters Part 1 Clothes
- Starters Part 1 Fast Food
- Starters Part 1 Fruit
- Starters Part 1 School
- Starters Part 1 Test 1
- Starters Part 1 Test 2
- Starters Part 1 Test 3
- Starters Part 1 Test 4
- Animal Set 1 Match-Up
- Animal Set 2 Match-Up
- Animal Set 3 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 1 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 2 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 1 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 2 Match-Up
- Family Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 1 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 2 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 3 Match-Up
- Hobbies Match-Up
- Home Set 1 Match-Up
- Home Set 2 Match-Up
- Our World Match-Up
- People Match-Up
- Places Match-Up
- School Set 1 Match-Up
- School Set 2 Match-Up
- Sports Match-Up
- Toys Match-Up
- Transport Match-Up
- Body and Face Word Search
- Directions Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 1 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 2 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 3 Word Search
- Our World Word Search
- Places Word Search
- School Set 1 Word Search
- School Set 2 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 1 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 2 Word Search
- The Home Set 1 Word Search
- The Home Set 2 Word Search
- Time Word Search
- Toys Word Search
- Transport Word Search
At this beginner level, there are materials concerned with basic English vocabulary to provide confidence to speak at this basic level of English.
- Animals Activities and Exercises
- Clothes Activities and Exercises
- Colour Activities and Exercises
- Family and Friends Activities and Exercises
- Food and Drink Activities and Exercises
- Hobbies Activities and Exercises
- Names Activities and Exercises
- Numbers 1-20 Activities and Exercises
- Our World Activities and Exercises
- School Activities and Exercises
- Sports Activities and Exercises
- The Body And Face Extra Exercises
- The Home Activities and Exercises
- Transport and Places Activities and Exercises