About you Set 1 is practice for the Cambridge Assessment English Pre A1 Starters (YLE) exam. You will answer three questions about you with a word or short phrase.
Listen and answer the questions.
Only use a word or short phrase.
About you Set 1
Use the student answers to help you practise. Remember to use one word or short phrase for Pre-A1 Starters.
Examiner: So, how old are you?
Student: six / seven / eight / nine etc.
Examiner: How many brothers have you got?
Student: one brother / two brothers / no brothers
Examiner: Is your house big or small?
Student: small house / big house
Examiner: Thank you. Goodbye.
- Listening Part 1
- Listening Part 2
- Listening Part 3
- Listening Part 4
- Speaking Videos
- Speaking Part 1 and Part 2
- Speaking Part 3
- Speaking Part 4
Here are video of the full test from Cambridge Assessment English.
You see a big picture and you point to things. Then you put three things on the picture and answer questions about it.
You will see three pictures and you will answer three questions about each picture.
You will answer three questions with a word or short phrase.
- Starters Part 1 Animals
- Starters Part 1 Clothes
- Starters Part 1 Fast Food
- Starters Part 1 Fruit
- Starters Part 1 School
- Starters Part 1 Test 1
- Starters Part 1 Test 2
- Starters Part 1 Test 3
- Starters Part 1 Test 4
- Animal Set 1 Match-Up
- Animal Set 2 Match-Up
- Animal Set 3 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 1 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 2 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 1 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 2 Match-Up
- Family Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 1 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 2 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 3 Match-Up
- Hobbies Match-Up
- Home Set 1 Match-Up
- Home Set 2 Match-Up
- Our World Match-Up
- People Match-Up
- Places Match-Up
- School Set 1 Match-Up
- School Set 2 Match-Up
- Sports Match-Up
- Toys Match-Up
- Transport Match-Up
- Body and Face Word Search
- Directions Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 1 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 2 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 3 Word Search
- Our World Word Search
- Places Word Search
- School Set 1 Word Search
- School Set 2 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 1 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 2 Word Search
- The Home Set 1 Word Search
- The Home Set 2 Word Search
- Time Word Search
- Toys Word Search
- Transport Word Search
At this beginner level, there are materials concerned with basic English vocabulary to provide confidence to speak at this basic level of English.
- Animals Activities and Exercises
- Clothes Activities and Exercises
- Colour Activities and Exercises
- Family and Friends Activities and Exercises
- Food and Drink Activities and Exercises
- Hobbies Activities and Exercises
- Names Activities and Exercises
- Numbers 1-20 Activities and Exercises
- Our World Activities and Exercises
- School Activities and Exercises
- Sports Activities and Exercises
- The Body And Face Extra Exercises
- The Home Activities and Exercises
- Transport and Places Activities and Exercises