Let’s learn about how to use pronouns for people and things and how to talk about possession using pronouns.
This is your new car.
- Complete the sentences in the flashcards.
- Complete exercise 1.
- Complete exercise 2.
- Complete the text.
- Look at our examples.
Pronouns for people and things
You use subject pronouns as the subject of a verb.
She is my sister.
They come from Spain.
You live in South America.
You use object pronouns
- As the object of a verb: She gave me a pen.
- After a preposition: He made a cake for her.
- After the verb ‘be’: Look at this photo. This is me in Vietnam.
Taking about possession
You use possessive adjectives
- When you say that something belongs to someone: That’s your watch.
- When you talk about relationships: Is that your mum?
- When you talk about a part of your body: My leg hurts.
- When you talk about clothes: Do you like my hat?