Living room listening practice for the Cambridge Assessment English Pre A1 Starters (YLE) exam where you will hear two people talking about a living room picture. Put the colours in the right places in the picture.
Look at the picture. Listen and look. There is one example.
A: Can you see the people in the living room? Let’s add colour to the picture.
A: Can you see the robot next to the sofa?
B: Yes, it’s on the floor.
A: That’s right. Can you put the colour orange on it?
B: Yeah, OK.
Can you see the orange colour put on the robot next to the sofa? This is an example. Now you listen and add the colour.
A: Ok. Now can you see the girl?
B: Yes, she’s drawing a picture.
A: That’s right. There’s a robot under the table.
B: OK, yeah. There it is.
A: Good. Well, put red on it, please.
B: OK. I’m putting red on it now.
A: There’s a robot in the bookcase.
A: It’s under the lamp.
B: Can you put yellow on it?
A: Can you see the boy and the dog?
B: Yes, they’re playing on the floor.
A: And can you see the robot?
B: Yeah, it’s between the boy and the dog.
A: That’s right.
B: Can I put brown on it?
A: Yeah, okay.
A: Right. Now find the robot behind the sofa.
B: Behind the sofa?
B: OK, Here it is.
A: Do you want to put pink on that robot?
B: OK. Now I’ve put pink on this robot.
A: OK. Now there’s a robot on the table. Can you see it?
B: Yes, there it is.
A: That’s right. Put grey on it, please.
B: Grey, okay.
A: Brilliant. You’ve done a great job.
Now listen to it again.
Here are words and phrases from this activity.
- drawing a picture
- great job
- on the floor
- playing on the floor
- under the lamp
- Listening Part 1
- Listening Part 2
- Listening Part 3
- Listening Part 4
- Speaking Videos
- Speaking Part 1 and Part 2
- Speaking Part 3
- Speaking Part 4
Here are video of the full test from Cambridge Assessment English.
You see a big picture and you point to things. Then you put three things on the picture and answer questions about it.
You will see three pictures and you will answer three questions about each picture.
You will answer three questions with a word or short phrase.
- Starters Part 1 Animals
- Starters Part 1 Clothes
- Starters Part 1 Fast Food
- Starters Part 1 Fruit
- Starters Part 1 School
- Starters Part 1 Test 1
- Starters Part 1 Test 2
- Starters Part 1 Test 3
- Starters Part 1 Test 4
- Animal Set 1 Match-Up
- Animal Set 2 Match-Up
- Animal Set 3 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 1 Match-Up
- Body and Face Set 2 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 1 Match-Up
- Clothes Set 2 Match-Up
- Family Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 1 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 2 Match-Up
- Food and Drink Set 3 Match-Up
- Hobbies Match-Up
- Home Set 1 Match-Up
- Home Set 2 Match-Up
- Our World Match-Up
- People Match-Up
- Places Match-Up
- School Set 1 Match-Up
- School Set 2 Match-Up
- Sports Match-Up
- Toys Match-Up
- Transport Match-Up
- Body and Face Word Search
- Directions Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 1 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 2 Word Search
- Food and Drink Set 3 Word Search
- Our World Word Search
- Places Word Search
- School Set 1 Word Search
- School Set 2 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 1 Word Search
- Sports and Leisure Set 2 Word Search
- The Home Set 1 Word Search
- The Home Set 2 Word Search
- Time Word Search
- Toys Word Search
- Transport Word Search
At this beginner level, there are materials concerned with basic English vocabulary to provide confidence to speak at this basic level of English.
- Animals Activities and Exercises
- Clothes Activities and Exercises
- Colour Activities and Exercises
- Family and Friends Activities and Exercises
- Food and Drink Activities and Exercises
- Hobbies Activities and Exercises
- Names Activities and Exercises
- Numbers 1-20 Activities and Exercises
- Our World Activities and Exercises
- School Activities and Exercises
- Sports Activities and Exercises
- The Body And Face Extra Exercises
- The Home Activities and Exercises
- Transport and Places Activities and Exercises